November 27, 2019

DIY Hand Stamped Recipe Cards + A Video Tutorial

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay here, from Crafting While Caffeinated Blog & YouTube Channel, and I am so excited to share my video tutorial today. Today I am making a set of recipe cards that is so simple and easy to put together you can make a set in under an hour! These are perfect for this time of year to pair with your baked goodies or to gift a newly wed, new home owner, etc. and have a few filled out with some of your (or their) favorite recipes! To see how to make this cute set of DIY hand stamped recipe cards, be sure to watch the video below!

https://youtu.be/yIRiBTaZAf0

These recipe cards are stamped using Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps stamps. They are high quality red rubber stamps and you know each time you stamp them it's going to turn out! Even with these larger stamps, they stamp perfectly each time! To stamp the images I used black dye ink and heavy weight white cardstock cut down to 4" x 5.25".


You can easily stamp these with an acrylic block or by laying them on their backs and pressing the paper on top, but because I was stamping so many of them I used my stamp positioner. This is such a helpful tool, especially when stamping multiples and larger images! I used my Original MISTI, but these will also fit into the Mini MISTI, too.


When I was stamping I used a dye ink. This allowed the ink to dry super fast, so smudging wasn't a problem. I also used a dye ink that would play nicely with my colored pencils. I used colored pencils to color in the images first of all because it's fast. Second, it won't bleed through to the back or the cardstock of bleed if it gets splashed with anything wet!


One last suggestion. If you are giving these as a gift and leaving the cards blank, obviously you won't want to laminate them. However, if you fill any of the recipes in I would highly suggest laminating them when you are done. This will seal in your handwriting and protect the cards from regular kitchen mishaps!


Before I go, I do want to remind you that there are just a few days left in the November sale! All Christmas stamps are 20% off right now, so stock up while you can!!


And if you are interested in any of the stamps I used today, you can find those linked down below. Until next time, happy crafting!!

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!