August 22, 2024

Minions Halloween Fun-Fold & Snarky Christmas Cards

 Hello, my friends!  Toni here with you today sharing a couple of cards using Minion characters from the new red rubber release. Let me show you but first take a look at all the cuteness!

My first project is a fun-fold Halloween card. I started my card by creating an easel very simply using an A2 card base where I scored the front at the halfway point, 2-1/8", in this case, and folded it into a mountain.    


 In order for the easel to stay upright, you need to add a little berm on the interior of the card that the front can rest against.  I used a piece of designer paper along with a strip of black glitter washi I had adhered to a piece of black cardstock to give it a bit more height.  I embossed the Don't Scare Me sentiment in white and added a couple of spider enamel dots.


Next I stamped and masked the minions, from left to right: Dave Jumping with Minion 1 bunny ears, Mummy StuartBride KevinGhost MinionFranken Bob, and Count Phil on a piece of Bristol and watercolored them with Zig Real Brush Markers.  I adhered this panel to only the bottom half of the card base folded panel so that when you mail it, it's completely flat.

As for the speech bubbles, I printed those on my laser printer with Aptos size 9 font, printed with white text on a black fill. They add a bit of extra fun.

For the Christmas card, I stamped Reindeer Stuart using Memento Tuxedo Black and masked the left antler before stamping Blowing Snowflakes.  I colored him up with Copics then added a snowy hill and the hilarious Winter Lovers sentiment balanced out by Snowflake Trio.

For a full list of products used and to see my other projects, feel free to visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft.  Have a great rest of your week! 

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!