December 14, 2020

Christmas Magic Card with Shanna

 Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness here to share some Christmas Magic with you all today from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps!


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Have you gotten all your shopping done and cards out in the mail yet?  Me neither!!!! 

I knew exactly the card I wanted to make when I saw the Santa and 8 Reindeer stamp!  I couldn't resist having Santa flying across the night sky, trailing his magic behind him!  The scene is iconic for a reason!  You can't help but smile.


A slimline card provided the perfect size for my nighttime scene.  I started by masking off the circle in the center of the card for my moon.  I used the negative of a circle stencil I have--but you could easily die cut a circle out of masking paper for this part.  I used teal ink and black ink to create my sky--TIP: To keep the moon "glowing" go lighter with color around it and build up your color further away.  

After the base of the sky was done, I came in with a white pigment ink and a snowfall stencil to add some snow stars to my sky for interest.  

Next came the fun part--the stamping!  I let my 10-year-old son help pick out the embossing powders, and we decided to use THREE different ones!!  I used an embossing ink and added the images one at a time--heat setting in between.  The Santa silhouette was heat embossed in black embossing powder, the star swirl in gold embossing powder, and the Merry Christmas Brush sentiment in silver.  

The final touches were some dimensional star embellishments I scattered through the star swirl for a bit more magic!


You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  

I hope you all have a blessed and Merry Christmas!! 

 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, see you in 2021!
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!