January 14, 2021

Cinderella Card: 2020 Throwback- January Edition

Hello Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps fans!  This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness .  While pondering what I wanted to make for today's post---inspiration for a mini-series struck!  I love using new stamps as much as the next crafter does, but where does that leave all the beautiful stamps I have already used??  Rather than tuck them away I am choosing to pull them out and be re-inspired!  Every month I will take a look at last year's cards that I made in the same month.  For January I am revisiting this post and recreating a card with the same stamps... I am really excited about this as I love looking back on projects and tweaking them into something that fits my current crafty-style.  What about you?

Here is the inspiration card from January 2020.  You can see the whole post here with more details.


Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps featured are:

Now on to the new cards.  I have a quick IG video over on my channel here if you want to see the process in action, but will explain the basics here as well!

I have been in love with creating gel prints with the new Gel Press I received for Christmas!  They are seriously fun and addicting.  One technique I had yet to try on it though was stamping!  The idea is you lay down a color, then "stamp off" the ink/paint to create a resist type image.  I thought the  Shoe Background stamp would work beautifully for this, and it did!!  I played down a thin layer of gold paint on my Gel Press using a brayer, then stamped the  Shoe Background stamp repeatedly across the plate. Here is a closeup of the finished background. 



My plate is large, 8x10", so I actually was able to create 2 full backgrounds in one printing session....YAY!   So that means today I have 2 cards to share!  

The gel prints underwent a few more layers with metallic white and a splash of Cinderella blue before I pulled the print up with paper, but I love how they turned out!  All that was left was adding a sentiment.  I didn't want to cover a lot of the background up, for obvious reasons lol, so I stuck with a simple die cut rectangle of white cardstock and gold heat embossed  Cinderella Shoes sentiment. 


The final touches were some scraps of gold glitter cardstock to add an extra touch of sparkle and tie in a bit more with my inspiration source.  I did both cards a little differently with the glittered cardstock and equally like them both.  Which one is YOUR favorite??  Let me know in the comments below!




You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  
 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, bye!
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!