January 17, 2022

Hello Gorgeous Elegant Card

Hello everyone!  Marcia on the Crackerbox Stamps blog today sharing a very feminine card with lots of vintage flairs. I recently bought this gorgeous stamp and thought of so many ways to use it. The image would be gorgeous on bridal cards as well, embossed in white.

Supplies used:
Black Slinky Dress
Hello Gorgeous

I began with a trimmed vintage book page. I added a thin layer of white acrylic paint to soften the text in the background. I didn't realize that the black ink used for the dress wouldn't stamp properly atop the acrylic paint (oops!) so I used a black brush marker to darken around the edges and smoothed the image with a damp paintbrush. I share my boo-boo because, well, we all make them. But it still worked out! I considered pulling out my Stazon black ink but I'm happy with the outcome. I think it lends a softer more vintage feel to the overall project as well. I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of book page (without text) and matted it with gold foil paper as I did the front panel. To finish, I added a few clipart ephemera in pinks to up the feminine feel and break up the colors a bit. I really love how it came together.  (Link to digital ephemera on my blog HERE.)

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!