July 24, 2023

Live Your Best Life Card Plus Tips for Solid Stamping

 Hello and welcome! This is Shanna today with a simple silhouette card featuring products from Crackerbox Stamps! My card is a traditional A-2 card today.  I started by grabbing a scrap of ink-blended cardstock I had on my desk from a previous project that happened to be big enough to stamp the Sea Breeze image on.  I grabbed my Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and stamped the image using my Misti stamping tool. I find it key to use a stamp positioning tool when stamping silhouettes or solid images because you will almost always have to stamp again to fully have the image solid.  I used my paper trimmer to cut the image down to the border on the stamp.  I also stamped the Live Your Life sentiment onto the same scrap of ink-blended cardstock as well and cut it down to a rectangle.  I added black cardstock mats behind both the image and the sentiment. For my card base, I grabbed a white A-2 card panel and trimmed it down to 4 'x 5.25".  I attached a piece of iridescent vellum to roughly half of the card front for a bit of sparkly interest and then mounted the image and sentiment centered on the card front before adding the panel to a black A2 notecard to finish off the card!

Key tips for stamping with solid images:
  • Ink Matters! Use a well-inked or re-inked stamp pad.  Dye inks dry and doesn't tend to spread, but I have had success with pigment inks too.
  • Use a stamp positioner, like a Misti, to make restamping the image easy to achieve a solid look
  • Silhouettes are typically dark colors, right??  But this is YOUR card--have fun with it... You want a hot pink Sea Breeze scene?  Then go for it!
Thanks so much for joining me today--I hope to see you all again soon.
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!