January 24, 2024

Masculine Snarky cards 2 Ways | New Sketch Series Debut

Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna here today with a brand new card series for 2024!  12 Sketches - 24 Card challenge!  Every month on the 24th I will be creating not one, but TWO new cards featuring a variety of fabulous stamps from Crackerbox Stamps - each month featuring a different sketch I have sourced online.  I love creating with sketches, and I love even more the versatility a sketch can still provide within the construct of being pre-designed for me!  So, without further ado--here are cards one and two!


For these cards, I found a sketch on Pinterest that appealed to me and allowed a lot of creative liberties.  The blog no longer seems active, but that is the beauty of sketches--they don't typically require step-by-step instructions!




Products used in today's cards:

For the first card, I stuck more or less to the card sketch, except I turned it landscape in orientation.  I pulled some masculine papers from my stash and coordinate them together.  For background interest I stamped Big Head Ed all over the pattern paper--I love the dual pattern this provided and it made for a great background!  Be The Fun fit near-perfect on the 1 3/4" x 2 1/4" mat that was sketched as well!
For my second card, I kept the portrait orientation but chose to add additional mats to each layer. The amount of depth and interest this adds to the card is amazing--and easily done!  All I did was add a quarter inch to each dimension to have a mat for each piece.  I staggered the two focal rectangles slightly further down as well, and popped Big Head Ed up with some foam tape after fussy cutting him out. Rock, Paper, Scissors fit perfectly on the mat!

Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my projects today!  If you'd like further details on the products used or want to check out more of my projects, be sure to head over to my blog! I will be back soon with more red-rubber inspiration from Crackerbox Stamps!!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!