March 3, 2024

Happy Beer-thday Cards | Masculine Birthday Cards

 Hello and welcome!!  This is Shanna today with a couple new cards featuring Crackerbox Stamps!

Did you hear??  Crackerbox Stamps has POLYMER STAMPS now!!  They just had the inaugural release on March 1st and oh my goodness they did NOT disappoint!  There are three brand new sets full of the snarky humor we all love from Crackerbox Stamps.

You can take a peek at all three sets *HERE*

Today's projects feature the fabulous Birthday 1 polymer stamp set.  This set includes three large sentiments with 3 coordinating images that mix and match together for endless possibilities!  

I decided to add a few masculine cards to my stash and used the "Cheers, Beers and many more years!" sentiment paired with the duo of beer mugs image!  I grabbed a few of my Zig watercolor markers and stamped the mugs all over a piece of mixed media paper using a waterproof black ink.  I colored them all and then trimmed my panel to 4" x 5.25".  I set aside the leftover scrap--which ended up turning into a second card!  

For this card I ink blended a pennant shape in Distress Oxide inks--pulling from the same colors I had colored the background in.  Those colors were Black Soot, Rusty Hinge , and Antique Linen.  Then I used a black ink and my MISTI to stamp the mugs and sentiment onto the pennant shape.  this was mounted flat onto my card panel and then matted onto another piece of cardstock I swiped Rusty Hinge ink along the sides of to coordinate--lastly adding the panel to a white A2 card base.

The second card pushed me out of my normal box for sure.  I knew the scrap was on the smaller end--but I loved the white space still left uncolored.  The sentiment was stamped directly onto the scrap in black ink and then I pulled out my prized (maybe hoarded--hardly used) embossing folders and found a masculine friendly neutral pattern that I used on black cardstock to pair with the smaller focal piece.  I did a small trim of rusty hinge-colored cardstock and black cardstock to divide them a little.  I still wanted to add a little more interest to the card--especially those mugs!!  I grabbed my Glossy Accents and added it to all of the mugs.  After that was dry, I layered the panels onto a white card base.  Finishing touches were a few iridescent enamel dots from my stash.


I hope you enjoyed my cards today!  Be sure to check out all three sets--they really are all a lot of fun!  I will be back soon with another fun project--until then, stay crafty!

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!