September 27, 2019

Let's Make a Halloween Card + A Video Tutorial

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay here, from Crafting While Caffeinated Blog & YouTube Channel, sharing another video tutorial. The majority of the time I have a fun technique with several cards/examples to share, but not today. Some days, I just have an idea for a card and I make it and that's what I'm doing today. I'm using several Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps to create a fun Halloween card and the best part, the stamps I'm using are on sale for a few more days! So HURRY and do you Halloween shopping now while the sale is still happening! More info is below! But first, watch the video tutorial on how I created a really fun Halloween card!

https://youtu.be/cRaca48ux0A

This is one of those cards that has quite a few pieces that need to be done before you can assemble them all into the final card. Keep reading below for a breakdown of those steps!

To start off I needed to create my background. My background is an A2 sized white cardstock panel with ink blending. I used Catherine Pooler inks in Lime Ricky, Icing on the Cake & Over Coffee to ink blend a very quick scene. To make it a bit more interesting, I ripped a piece of painter's tape to create a jagged masked line!


On that background I also stamped a spider web using Midnight ink from Catherine Pooler and a web stamp from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps. I also added a black splatter to just the top of the background with black acrylic paint that I watered down with a bit of water. Be sure to watch the video above for more details on that! Then, I set the panel aside to dry while I worked on a few more pieces of this card.

While the panel was drying, I went ahead with stamping and color quite a few stamps from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps. These were going to make up the rest of the scene on the card. I stamped, colored and fussy cut a cat, broom, spider, and a few potion bottles.


One last piece was needed before I could put this card together, the sentiment. I used a new sentiment that hasn't been released yet! Be sure to come back on 10/3 to check out the entire new release!!

Be sure to check out the video above to see how I put all of the pieces together to create the final card!


Don't forget to do your shopping for Halloween stamps now. You have a few more days to take advantage of the 20% off the Halloween category in the Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps shop!!

Click HERE to go shop the Halloween category!!


That does it for me today! I hope you all enjoyed this simple tutorial! If you are interested in any of the stamps I used today, you can find them all linked and listed down below! Happy Crafting!!




Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!