May 11, 2020

Superheroes amongst us

Hello everyone!!  Shanna here today from Caffeinated Craftiness to share some fun inspiration...

Have you seen the new Real Life Superhero release yet from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps??  With the world's current events, there isn't a more relevant release happening right now!!  My card today features 2 of the stamps from this release, but you can view the entire release by clicking HERE.

Today's card was an idea I had when I first saw these stamps...because well I am a superhero nerd and it just seemed appropriate even if it clashes and mashes traditional Batman and Superman into the same card!! I am also a registered nurse, and have been working the front lines of this pandemic personally at our local hospital.  My hope is for all of you to remain safe and healthy, crafters were created to #stayhome!!  We have more time to craft right!?!



My card started out by stamping the City Scape stamp across the bottom of an A2 Bristol smooth cardstock panel.  I heat embossed it in clear embossing powder for a bit of shine, and to protect the integrity of the black while I ink blended my background (I didn't have to mask!!).  I also stamped the Super Nurse icon stamp and masked it off to prepare for my background.
Next I masked off a triangle/wedge shape for my light rays using some Frog Tape. I ink blended the area using a Blending Buddy brush and some Scattered Straw Distress Oxide ink.  I hit the area lightly with my heat gun to dry the ink before masking over it to do the skyline.  For my sky I started with a little Squeezed Lemonade and then Shaded Lilac, then Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and lastly a touch a Black Soot oxide inks.
I lightly spritzed the sky with some water and blotted it off to add some interest, along with splattering some white acrylic paint for a "starry" effect finishing off the front panel.


The inside of the card features the new Not All Superheroes sentiment stamp and the same Super Nurse stamps that I used on the front.  

That finishes up my post for today,  I will be back soon with some more inspiration using our favorite red rubber stamps!  Until then, you can find me on Instagram or over on Facebook.  See ya soon!
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!