October 1, 2020

Happy October

 Hello and Happy OCTOBER!!  This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness, and I am really excited to share it with you all today!!  I am so very ready for sweatshirts and pumpkin spice, how about you? Today I am sharing a glitter-ific Halloween card featuring a couple fun stamps from Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps!!


  

Isn't she freakishly cute!?!  I stamped the Kid Witchy stamp with Copic safe black ink and colored her in with Copic Markers.  Did you know Crackerbox & Suzy stamps sells Copics too???  You can find them here.  I fussy cut her out after I was done coloring and set her aside to work on my background.


My background was done using 2 different stencils from my stash but could be easily done with any stencils and some masking tape.  First I used a stencil that provides a large rectangle that I ink blended in Twisted Citron and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides using a blending brush.  If you do not have a stencil like this, masking tape along all four sides of your card will do the same trick!  next, I grabbed a witch hat stencil and some Glitz gels in black and green.  I played down a little black first, and then added green to blend and fill the stencil.  I used a double stencil technique, where I layered the witch hat stencil on top of my large rectangle stencil to keep my white border.  Leaving the masking tape in place, if you are using that, will do the same!

After the background was dry I added my witch with foam tape for a little dimension.  My sentiment, Happy Halloween, was heat embossed in white embossing powder onto black cardstock and cut to fit across the entire width of the card panel.  I mounted the sentiment on with foam tape as well, both for dimension, and the fact that gluing something over a textured surface (i.e. the gel background) is best done with foam tape in my experience for a smooth finish.

You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  There is a monthly sale kicking off today as well, be sure to check your wishlist and shop!! Visit the sale categories HERE.



 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, bye!
~Shanna

 




Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!