October 24, 2020

Have a BATTY Halloween

 Hey, Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps fans!!  This is Shanna here today from Caffeinated Craftiness sharing a SPOOKY Halloween Slimline Card!  Halloween is just around the corner, although I suppose 2020 Halloween will look a bit different in some areas of the world.  We aren't actually Trick or Treating this year--darn Covid!  Oh well....We will be celebrating still though with a mini-Halloween party at home.  What are you doing??

Back to the card....It is actually a really easy card design that I will walk you through :)

I love ink blending backgrounds, and slimline provide the perfect canvas for LOTS of colors!  I used Distress Oxides, working from the bottom of my card panel up, in Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Festive Berries, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire----phew!! That's a lot of colors!!  I use a blending brush to ink blend on Bristol Smooth cardstock for easy blending.


After the color is on my panel, I splattered some clean water with a paintbrush and then dabbed it all back off with a paper towel.  The distress oxide inks react with water so you can get some texture with very little effort in your background.  I watered down a little Black Soot distress oxide and splattered that across it as well.

My tree branches were stenciled in using black soot ink and a stencil from my stash.  Next came the fun part!!  I grabbed Bats Flying By and Bats in the Belfry and pulled out my Versamark Clair ink in Nocturne.  I love this ink especially for solid image stamping and second generation stamping, which I will explain next

I centered my sentiment across the bottom third of my panel and stamped it directly onto the card.  Next, I inked up my bats and used an acrylic block to stamp them onto the card.  I used the second generation stamping to give the illusion of different depths for my bats.  Second generation stamping is when you ink up your stamp and then stamp once (first generation) and then immediately stamp again (second generation) without re-inking your stamp.  The second stamping is inherently lighter--looking farther away in a scene. I scattered the bats around the tree branches traveling up the full length of the card.  

Lastly, I die cut my panel using a scalloped slimline die and mounted it to a purple card base.  Slimline cards fit perfectly in a #10 business envelope, and don't require any additional postage as long as they don't get too thick!  YAY!


You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  There is a monthly sale as well, be sure to check your wishlist and shop!! Visit the sale categories HERE.



 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, bye!
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!