April 4, 2021

3 Butterflies 2 Cards: Part 2

 Hello crafty friends! Tracy here, and today I am sharing Part 2 of my 3 Butterflies 2 Cards series. Below you'll see both cards and you can read more about the first card I shared HERE. Then, the details on how I created my second card.


Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps Used:
Monarch Butterfly

Other Products Used:
Zig Clean Color Markers, Waterbrush, Staz On Ink- Jet Black, Enamel Dots, Embossing Pad, White Embossing Powder, Cardstock (White, Black)

I started my card creating a white A2 card base. Then cut a piece of black cardstock to 4x5.25. I freehand cut the wave. Then matted that edge with white cardstock. Adhere the larger piece of black cardstock to the card base. Add the sentiment to the smaller piece using an embossing pad and white embossing powder.


Add the sentiment piece to the card using foam tape. I added the coordinating enamel dots to this piece as well.

I added colour to the butterflies using Zig Clean Color Markers and a waterbrush. Then in the previous tutorial for the first card, I cut all of the butterflies in half. I used the right hand wings on the first card, and the left hand wings for this card. 

I shaped the butterfly wings with my fingers slightly. Then adhered the wings along the curved edge using adhesive dots.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are beautiful. Love the color and the dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!