December 1, 2021

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

     Hello! Thanks for stopping by!  This is Shanna today with Caffeinated Craftiness with a super fun interactive card featuring stamps from Crackerbox Stamps.

    There are many iconic Christmas movies.....Some of my favorites are Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Home Alone, and of course.... A Christmas Story!  

    When I saw these stamps being released from Crackerbox Stamps I *knew* I needed to make this card!  I don't play with the light kits much, but when inspiration strikes---well I had to.

    I used the Leg Lamp and Leg Lamp Sayings set to create this fun slimline card.  You can also find all 3 stamps together in one bundle as well with the Set of 3.  






    I started the card with a Kraft slimline panel and put my MISTI to work with the repeated stamping of Fra-Gee-Lay over the entire panel.  I stamped the Leg Lamp and Sentiment on the same color Kraft cardstock and cut the sentiment out and set it aside.  I colored the Leg Lamp with colored pencils.  I love how much depth an image gets by coloring on Kraft---so cool!  I fussy cut the lamp out and then started mapping out the light placement,

    Light kits for cards are not new, a simple google search will round up some choices for sure---even DIY options are shown on YouTube... Really, this card still would be great without the lights too---Up to YOU!  I have some more info on my blog if you are interested as well.      

    After I mapped out the placement, I added the lights to my card base (also Kraft) and thence a small hole in my stamped panel where the lampshade was placed.  I chose to die cut a vellum circle to place under my lamp to make it stand out a bit against the busy background.  I adhered the stamped panel with foam tape, then added the lamp onto the vellum circle with foam tape as well.  

The sentiment was added towards the bottom of the card, and a "push button" was added over the spot where you need to push to turn on the light.  I absolutely LOVE the end result---don't you?? 

That wraps up my post today, see you all again soon!
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

1 comment:

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!