April 17, 2022

Grumpy Frog Infinity Shaker Birthday Card

It's Marcia today with a grumpy frog infinity shaker birthday card for your best friend. The frog stamp is part of the new April release; be sure to visit the New Stamps category to see all the funny new sentiments and images.

Supplies used:
Frog Grumpy
100% Sweet
Without Me (Currently on sale!)
Birthday 4
 

Infinity shaker cards are really fun and quite popular right now.  I'm a fan of using tulle for shaker cards because it is so much easier (and quicker) to use.  I began by stamping the frog on a scrap of watercolor green paper in green ink, using the same ink color for the sentiments.  I colored the spots and eyelids on the frog with a yellow alcohol marker and added a shadow to the eye.  I colored the rest of the eyeball with a white gel pen, adding "shine" dots to the pupils.

To add the frog and speech bubble to the front of the tulle infinity panel, I first adhered just the bottom part of the tulle to the bottom back of the card panel with double-sided tape.  Then, I flipped up the tulle panel and added the frog and speech bubble to the tulle with foam adhesive where I wanted them on the card front.

To prevent the foam tape adhesive from interfering with the shaker elements once assembled, I attached scrap paper to the backside of the foam tape that shows through the tulle (see pic).  This prevents the shaker elements from attaching to the exposed adhesive.  Then I merely closed up the tulle front, adding my shaker mixture before adhering to the final flap of tulle.

The inside of the card wasn't left untouched.  I stamped the frog again using second-generation stamping for a lighter image.  (First, stamp the image off onto a scrap of paper and then stamp the second time onto the intended surface.)  The "Happy Birthday" was stamped in black ink.

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!