August 3, 2022

Don't let the MUGGLES get you down!

Hello and welcome!!  This is Shanna with Caffeinated Craftiness!  I am here today with a MAGICAL red rubber project using the newest release from Crackerbox Stamps.  Their newest release is in honor of our (well, MY) favorite young wizard, Harry Potter!  Crackerbox Stamps has a wide selection of HP-inspired stamps, and all previously released ones are still on sale today!!

For today's cards, I am sharing a card that mixes the previously released Sorting hat and Books of Magic stamps with the new Don't Let the Muggles stamp. Be sure to read to the end for a fun bonus!

I started by heat embossing the Books of Magic and sorting hat on Copic-friendly paper using black embossing powder.  I colored them gently (it is said embossing can ruin Copic--but I am just careful when I feel I need to do this) and then fussy cut them out.  I did run a black marker around the side edge of the fussy cut images to keep the block outline complete--but this is optional in the grand scheme of things.  I rummaged through my gel print pile of scraps with the images set aside.  I came across an older print I had done on my Gel Press using acrylic paints, and I fell in love with the almost rustic/vintage vibe it happened to have and thought it would be perfect for my card.

I stamped and embossed the Don't Let the Muggles sentiment directly onto the gel print panel.  Next, I grabbed a Kraft card base and metallic copper wash tape.  I knew I wanted the washi tape to add some *magical* sparkle but felt it somewhat blended in.  I rummaged for a scrap of black that was long enough to work to border the gel press panel but couldn't find one...but that didn't stop me!  I grabbed a piece of white cardstock scrap and a black Copic marker and made my own black cardstock!  I only wanted a thin part showing, so this technique worked out perfectly without me having to cut into a full sheet of black cardstock for what amounted to a 1/4" strip.  I layered the black strips on each side of my gel print panel and then added the washi tape to the card base on each side. Lastly, my fussy-cut images were stacked and mounted to the gel press panel using foam tape for some dimensions.  I absolutely am in love with the final product!!

Are you a Harry Potter fan??  I have more cards to show you with these fabulous stamps, so stay tuned!!

For now, here is a little bonus card featuring many of the smaller icon stamps in this collection---perfect for a quick card, with ZERO coloring involved! I absolutely HAD to make a birthday card since the celebration is in honor of Harry's birthday, after all!

Here are the stamps used in today's cards:

First Magical Card

Sorting hat
Books of Magic
Don't Let the Muggles

BONUS Birthday Card

HP Initials
Glasses and Lightning Bolt, Set of 3
Hogwarts Wax Seal
Letter of Hogwarts
Owl Post Words
My Sweet Friend

See you all again soon!
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!