January 24, 2023

Art Is What I Have At The End Card

Hello! Thanks so much for joining me today!  This is Shanna here from Caffeinated Craftiness with another red rubber inspired project featuring stamps from Crackerbox Stamps!


STAMPS USED:

This card was a lot of fun to make and actually came together rather quickly! I started with a piece of watercolor paper and did a rainbow wash of metallic watercolors diagonally across the panel. While it was still wet, I sprinkled coarse salt across it and allowed it to air dry. The salt reacts with the water and sometimes causes a crystallized pattern on the paper. It is a really fun technique to experiment with! After the panel was completely dry, I stamped the Craft is What I Do sentiment in black ink on the lower right of the panel.
I stamped, and heat embossed the Paint Brush and Pallette stamps with black embossing powder on watercolor paper. This allows the watercolor to "stay" inside the lines really easily! I used teh same colors I had painted with for my background to color in the paint spots on the pallet and then painted the brush to match. I fussy cut both out and adhered them to the card panel with glue.
To finish off the card, I grabbed some multicolored flat pearls from my stash to add some dimension and sparkle!  Then mounted the entire panel onto a black card base, and I was done!
Do you like to experiment with different coloring mediums?  I absolutely adore watercolors, but I am still learning how to use them well.  What is your favorite medium to color with??  Let me know below!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you will join me again soon with my next project!  
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!