March 24, 2023

Welcome Baby Cards with Gel Press Backgrounds

Hello and welcome! This is Shanna here today with a trio of cards created with some of our fabulous stamps.
For today's project, I used the following stamps:

I have needed some baby shower cards lately and found my stash lacking--which turned into a fun crafty session!
My backgrounds all came from my Gel Press drawer--every time I pull out my Gel press to play with, I end up with 10+ different prints. I rarely need them all immediately, so they get added to a pile and stored away. This worked out in my favor for sure for this trio of cards!
I decided to create one boy, one girl, and one more gender-neutral card to have on hand. I started off by selecting 3 different gel prints that mimicked the themes I wanted to do. For the boy, I chose blue. The girl was purple, and gender-neutral was more of a rainbow palette! So fun!
Next, I needed to stamp the Mother to Be image 3 times and then color and cut it out. I stamped each one in Copic friendly ink and then fussy cut them out. I played around with different hair colors and skin tones for each--even trying some new to me Copic combinations (I love experimenting when I mass-produce cards!). All the dresses were colored with regard to the gel print they would be paired with.
After all the coloring was completed, I moved on to the sentiments. I heat embossed the Heart It's a Boy Thin, Heart It's a Girl Thin, and New baby sentiments onto their appropriate gel prints. I made sure to have the left edge of the stamp look like it was flowing off of the left bottom edge of the gel print as well---giving it a hand-drawn effect.
I fussy cut out the Mother to Be images to assemble the cards and set them aside. Next,  I cut three 1.5" strips of white cardstock and dry embossed them with a polka dot embossing folder. I adhered the white strip to the far right side of my card panel and then attached the Mother to Be images with foam tape to the panels. The placement of the Mother to Be images covering the seam of the white strip of cardstock and coming up to the edge of each sentiment to keep the continuity of the line. Finally, I attached the finished panels to folded card bases, and the cards were complete!
Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you enjoyed my cards! I will return here soon with another fun red-rubber-inspired project featuring Crackerbox Stamps!

Until next time,
Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!