June 14, 2023

One Smart Cookie---A Single Layer Card

Hello!  I am so glad you stopped by!  This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness, and I am here to share a new punny card featuring stamps from Crackerbox Stamps.

Today's card is a single-layer card--which means I didn't glue any images on, only stamped and masked. Where it is possible to create a single-layer card completely on a card base, I tend to create mine on a card panel and then attach it to the card base.  I do this mainly in case I have any bleed through while coloring with my Copic markers.

Crackerbox Stamps featured in today's card:
Smart Cookie and Cookies set of 2
Smart Cookie
Cookies Trio

I wanted a pile of cookies for my card design---so I did what any sane person would do.....I masked over and over again!!  I actually enjoy this process--it's like magic every time you lift a mask off!  I left all of the cookies masked to ink blend my background in yellows and oranges.  I wanted a bright and cheerful background--which usually leads me to yellows for some reason lol. I colored my mountain of cookies with Copic markers and then added my Smart Cookie sentiment in black ink directly onto the panel.  I tend to add embellishments at this stage, but I actually really liked how it looked without any bling (I know---*gasp*).

This card would make a perfect card for your favorite school-age child.  Whether getting out of school, passing a special test, or heading off to the next grade!  Who would you give it to?

Thanks again for stopping by. I will be back again soon with another fun Crackerbox Stamps project!
Until then, Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!