June 24, 2023

Out of This World Cards

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by! This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness, and I am excited to share a pair of cards today featuring some fabulous stamps from Crackerbox Stamps.


Ever make a background just to make a background? I wanted to watercolor one day, and I had zero ideas what I would use the finished watercolor sheet on. I played around with some metallic watercolors I have and ended up with a Galaxy-type background. I loved it and then promptly forgot about it in my background drawer! LOL. When I was sorting through things, I came across it, and inspiration struck immediately with these stamps! It was totally meant to be!

Today's cards feature the following Crackerbox Stamps:

For the first card, I used the Alien Peace, If Aliens are Smart, and Rocket stamps. I cut my background panel to 4"x 5.25" and matted it only a black A2 card base. Then I heat-embossed my sentiment in white embossing powder onto black cardstock. I used my paper trimmer to cut the right side of the sentiment at an angle for some interest. I attached the sentiment to the lower left corner of my background. The Alien Peace image was colored using Copic markers and then fussy cut it out. I adhered him to where he looked like he was standing on the sentiment strip. The Rocket was also colored with Copic markers and fussy cutout, then adhered to the upper right of the card panel. That finished off this card!
My second card is actually an infinity shaker card. Infinity shakers are made with an acetate pocket that attaches over the entire panel. I used one that fit the 4"x 5.25" background panel and was filled with some embellishments that matched my theme (stars and such). I love my focal point, though, for this card! That alien makes me giggle. I colored the Alien Funny Face and Moon Full stamps with my Copic markers and fussy cut them both out. I layered them in the center of my panel and used a strong wet adhesive to attach them to the center of my shaker panel. My sentiment was heat embossed onto black cardstock and cut into a strip that matched the width of the shaker panel--4.25". I glued the sentiment strip directly onto the shaker panel as well, also hiding the raw edge of the alien at the same time!
That finishes up my post for today! I hope this inspires you to dig through your scraps or unused background and create!

Until next time,
Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!