August 3, 2023

Happiness is Chasing Sunsets Cards

Hello and welcome! This is Shanna here today, and I am excited to be kicking off a super fun card series featuring some of the stamps from the Happiness Is Collection from Crackerbox Stamps! This collection has a TON of different sentiment choices, and I am really looking forward to sharing some of them with all of you over the coming months.

I stamped the Truck Side View image directly onto a landscape A2 card panel and then drew in my sunset scene with Copic markers. I don't do a lot of hand-drawn scene cards, but this one was a lot of fun! The mountains are just staggered triangles, and the shading was pretty easy to accomplish as well. I stamped my sentiment directly onto the "road" to finish off the card. Then I used the Happiness Is Stamp and the Open Road Stamp to create my sentiment.

This series will be a monthly series that publishes each month on the 3rd of the month. I will be using a different sentiment each month paired with the title's sentiment from the collection, Happiness Is. If you'd like to view the entire collection together, you can also view that HERE. There is also something *special* happening alongside this series--so be sure to read all the way until the end to find out!

This month I even have a bonus card using the focal stamp because I just couldn't resist!! Let me know in the comments which one you like best.

For my second card, I was still having a lot of fun coloring sunsets, so I stuck with the same sky colors but chose instead to make a portrait orientation of the card. I used a posit note to mask the top edge of the truck bed, so I could stamp the Pile of Snow or Dirt image to where it looked like it was in the truck bed. I colored everything with Copic markers again. I love how the Truck Side View image fills the card from side to side!! I didn't draw a large scene with this, just adding the road for a horizon line for my sunset. I heat embossed the Annoy Me sentiment onto black cardstock and attached it below the truck to finish off the card.

ALL STAMPS USED:

I had a lot of fun making these cards---and am really excited to keep moving forward in this series. Take a peek at the Happiness Is collection for yourself and see if you are inspired as well!

Here are the previous cards in the series:



Crackerbox Fans, BONUS!!
During this series, a special discount code has been created just for all of YOU!
10% off when you enter the code.... HAPPY10

Until next time---
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!