February 14, 2024

You're my Favorite Muggle Card

Hello and Welcome!  This is Shanna today, and I am excited to share a fun project featuring Crackerbox Stamps

Today's card features one of my favorite magical stamps in the entire Crackerbox Stamps collection!  I have used this stamp a multitude of times on different cards--both in the background and as a featured image.  I absolutely adore the Castle of Hogwarts stamp THAT much!  I paired it with the Favorite Muggle sentiment for the perfect pair!

Now, let's talk a little about the card.  I love taking basic shape dies--a staple in most cardmakers' craft room-- and altering them to suit my needs.  For this card, I used a nested circle die set and cut 2 circles--a white one that I intended to stamp and color on, and a larger black one to mat my focal piece.  After stamping, I decided I wanted to "ground" my image some and cut off part of the bottom of the circle.  This made what in my head is easiest to call a "snow globe shape"!   They make dies that look like this - but why purchase another die set if I don't have to?? I would much rather buy more stamps!! haha. To match the cut with the black circle, I glued the smaller one to the black circle - lining up the top edges for reference, and then used my paper trimmer to snip off the straight edge of the black circle!  Do you like to alter dies at all??  What shape do you reach for most when card making?

My castle is colored completely in Copic markers, with a freehanded moon and night sky that were fun additions to the magical scene.  The Favorite Muggle sentiment was heat embossed in white embossing powder on black cardstock.

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I will see you all again soon, Shanna.

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!