June 14, 2024

Cluck It! Gatefold Card with a Twist

 

Hello and Welcome!  This is Shanna today with a brand new fun-fold card featuring Crackerbox Stamps! 

Today's card features the following stamps:

Miss Prissy photopolymer stamp set


So let's take a peek at today's project! Here is the front of the card.  This card is what is known as a gatefold card--meaning the opening is in the center of the front--like a "gate".  I used patterned paper from an old 6x6 pad in my stash to decorate the panels, and my focal point actually slides off to allow the recipient to open the card.



Here is the inside.  I kept the design rustic with a white panel that I inked up in some Distress Oxide ink (Vintage Photo if you are curious lol) and then stamped Miss Prissy in the lower left corner with a second sentiment from the set.


Let's take a closer look at the "slide lock" component of my card.  This is created by using a diet shape--in this case a scalloped circle--and then attaching a "lock" component. I decorated the circle by stamping Miss Prissy  and the feathers in a pale brown ink and then stamped the sentiment over all of it in a darker brown ink.  The lock component is composed of 3 identical square, two of which are scored down the middle and then adhered next to each other on the third.  The picture might explain this better than my words though LOL.  The key is to make sure your squares are smaller than your diet piece so they don't show on the design.



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you all are having a fabulous start of Summer (or whatever season it is in your neck of the world). I will see you all again soon with another Crackerbox Stamps inspired project.  Until then--BYE!
~Shanna




Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!