October 20, 2019

6 Ways to Add Snow Effects to Handmade Cards

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay here from Crafting While Caffeinated Blog and YouTube Channel and I am super excited to share another video tutorial with you today! Today's tutorial is all about adding snow effects to your winter cards and with winter approaching, it is just in time! Watch the video tutorial to see all the different ways you can add snow effects to your own projects!

https://youtu.be/jJlzo-1k6AY

There are so many ways to add snow effects to your cards and they each give a different result. Choosing which one is right is all about the look you're going for, how much dimension you want, and honestly how much time you have. Some of these techniques take a little longer and have dry time, others are super quick.



On my first project I started by using white space and ink blending, the simplest of the techniques. Also, with using white space, shading can go a long way!



On this card I also used heat embossing, specifically with white embossing powder, which adds a nice snow effect!



For the second project I started adding snow effects with the Marvy Snow Marker. This is such a fun way to add snow" and dimension! Be sure to watch the video to see exactly how to use this product.



Also on this project I used a new to me technique that I seen on Jennifer McGuire's Channel and I wanted to see if I could get it to work for me! I used more embossing powder, but I put it in a laminating pouch and ran it through my laminator. This added a nice snow fall to the front of any scene!



My third and final project is probably my favorite. The first way I added "snow" was with adhesive sheets and craft snow. This is such an easy way to add texture to your card as well!



Aside from the Marvy Snow Marker there is another product that does the exact same thing, but that I like even better - it's just not as well known. It's called Amplify and it's from Imagine. This comes in a variety of colors, but I really love the white! This works exactly the same as the marker, but it's more white and has a lot more dimension. I also like the applicator more! Be sure to watch the video above for tips and tricks on using this product!



And the final way I added snow to my cards was with Modeling Paste, specifically Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste. I added ine through a stencil, but you can easily add this with just a palette knife straight to the cardstock. Also, try adding heat to it as well! It will puff up and add even more dimension!



Before I go, I want to remind you of a few sales that are happening over at the Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps shop. First, alot of the stamps I used today are on sale right now! All stamps in the Christmas category are 20% off for the remainder of the month, so grab any that are on your wish list or have caught your eye now!
Click here to go shopping!!



Also, for the rest of this month the new release category is on sale!
Click here to go shopping!!



I hope you all enjoyed a look all the different ways you can add snow effects to your projects this winter season! If you have any ideas that I didn't share, be sure to leave them down in the comments below!

If you are interested in any of the stamps I used today, you can find them all listed and linked down below! Until next time, happy crafting everyone!!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

1 comment:

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!