October 27, 2019

A 10 Minute Card

Hi everyone! It's Lindsay here, from Crafting While Caffeinated Blog and YouTube Channel, to share another fun card idea! I have been known to forgot a birthday or special occassion a time or two, and there are times I am so good at procrastinating I wait until the very last minute. Because of this, I love to have quick card ideas on hand! Today, I'm sharing one of those quick 10 minute card ideas with you. To watch the full video tutorial, head over to my blog!



There are a few rules I try and follow with my quick cards. First of all, no dry time. I have to be honest, this card has dry time, however, it is NOT NECESSARY to add the "final touches" I did. If you have the time, great add them. If you don't have the time, don't worry about it!


But on to how I created this card. Something I like to do when I'm in a hurry is get the design idea (it doesn't need to be set in stone) and do all of the same steps at once. So for this card I started with die cutting and I die cut all of my pieces at one time. I die cut a large oval and a banner from white cardstock. Then I could put my die cutting machine away and not worry about getting it back out again.

Next steps were stamping and to make it easier on myself I like to use a stamp positioner. In this case I used my Mini MISTI. I started with my bow and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink so I could quickly color it. Next, I stamped the wreath onto the oval die cut. I used a few different colors of Versafine Clair inks for a bit more interest. Finally, I stamped my sentiment onto the banner die cut. Again, I used Versafine Clair in Pinecone.


After the stamping was done, it was time to finish off individual steps like coloring and fussy cutting the bow. And because I fussy cut right on the stamped lines, the color was super simple and can be a bit sloppy! To make the image look the best it can I like to go around the cut image with a black marker. The last individual step was ink blending through a stencil onto the card base for a little more interest in the background.


After all the individual steps were done the last step was assembling the card. To add more interest I like to use dimensional adhesive and then adhere everything to an A2 card base!


Before I go, I want to remind of a few things happening over in the Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps Shop. First, the new release is still on sale, but only for a few more days. You can get the stamps at 20% off!!


And for the last few days of October all Christmas stamps are 20% off!! So hurry and grab any still left on your wishlist while you can!!



That does it for me today! If you are interested in any of the stamps I used today, you can find them all listed and linked down below. Until next time, happy crafting!!







Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!