October 24, 2019

Fall Cards with Distress Oxide Sprays

Happy Thursday! Ericka here and today II have two fall cards I made using Distress Oxide Sprays and photo paper.



I love the look of Distress Oxides on photo paper and played around making a couple of backgrounds that I turned into cards. Here is my second card using the fun Witch's Hat.


To make my backgrounds, I started with photo paper and then sprayed Distress Oxides on my craft mat and picked the color up with the photo paper. For my first card with the tree, I decided to stamp a scripty background first in Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide.


I let the layer dry before I used the Distress Oxides Sprays to pick up the rest of the color. I used Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Tea Dye, and Candied Apple Distress Oxides Sprays to get these beautiful fall colors. With the Distress Oxides on photo paper it is important to remember to let the layers dry before you add more color, otherwise the colors will get muddy looking. Once my background was dry, I used a cloth to wipe of the oxide portion and am left with a bright and brilliant background.


I stamped the Blowing Tree in Ranger Archival Ink and then used some gold spray on the card. I stamped the sentiment in gold and heat embossed it.

For my second card, I used the same technique but added Black Soot Spray to the blend.


After stamping the image on the photo paper, I decided to add white get pen to help the Witches Hat and sentiment stand out.


That's all for me today and I hope you enjoyed these bright fall cards. For more information on how I created them, feel free to stop by my blog Strangely Creative. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

Don't forget to check out these two great sales going on as well!

https://rubberartstamps.com/search.php?search_query=christmas&section=product&aff=35

https://rubberartstamps.com/new-arrivals/?aff=35


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I know these cards were made a while back, but I just love the colors and overall design of them. I've been playing around with this method and I'm so inspired now after seeing your artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!