January 1, 2020

A Magical New Year to YOU!

Hello everyone!  This is Shanna here today, and I am so excited to be starting out 2020 as one of the newest members of the Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps design team!  They have such a wide variety of stamps, there is seriously something for everyone!  I was asked to choose a favorite stamp from their ginormous catalog of choices, and was instantly drawn to the Castle stamp.  My house is full of Harry Potter fans, and this castle has Potter-esque vibes all over it!


My card is a single layer card, with the exception of the sparkles, because well, yeah...Sparkles make like sooo much more fun!  I started out by stamping my Castle and then masking it so I could use my Distress Oxide inks and blend a background with a Blending Buddy brush.  I chose blues and purples to blend my sky, and even masked off a moon behind the clouds! I stuck with gray for the ground, to blend in with the stone path.  I used Chipped Saphire Distress Oxide and the Snowflakes-Large stamp to add a bit more wintery interest to my sky.  Those snowflakes are so sweet and delicate!


After all the background work was done, I moved on to coloring.  I used my Nuvo alcohol markers in gray tones to color the castle and stone path, and purple for the flag.  After all the coloring was done, I felt it was missing a bit of *magic*.... I grabbed a shaker mix of sequin bits and mylar bits and dotted glue across the sky in a diagonal pattern across my card.  I adhered the mix randomly, and voila!  The card was complete!

Guess what!!!???!!!  As a celebration of the new design team members, our favorite stamps are 50% OFF for the month of January!!!  That is so awesome!!!


There is also a special going on thought January over in the shop, so be sure to check your wishlist and shop away! Valentines cards are coming up fast!


Well, that wraps up my post for today! Be sure to stop by and say hello over at my blog, Caffeinated Craftiness or follow me over on Instagram to keep up with my caffeinated adventures!!  See you again soon!
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!