July 11, 2020

Colorblocked Wedding Card

Hello everyone!!  Shanna here today from Caffeinated Craftiness to share some fun inspiration...
I am bringing a new card to you today featuring  Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps

Every month Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps has a new set of themes.  One of the themes for July is Weddings and Anniversaries.  I had a lot of fun creating this colorblock card featuring the Wedding Dress stamp, along with the newer Vertical Congratulations.




I started by using a masking stencil from my stash to mask and ink blending a large rectangle on my card base.  I used Distress Ink Tattered Rose for the color as I really loved the vintage feel of it.  
Next, I stamped my dress in Inkon3 Blackout ink, using a stamp platform so I could stamp a couple of times to get a crisp black silhouette.  I love red rubber stamps for this particular technique because they do a BEAUTIFUL job of stamping crisply and evenly on solid images!

I grabbed some Liquid Pixie Dust and splattered it on for some subtle sparkles.  

My sentiment was heat embossed in sterling silver embossing powder onto black cardstock and then trimmed to fit the length of the card. I mounted the sentiment strip onto the card with foam tape.


Do you make wedding or anniversary cards??  How about the inside of a card...do you normally leave it blank??  Let me know in the comments below.  


Over in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group there is a monthly cardmaking "theme"  and July’s technique of the month is MASKING
 **BONUS** If you combine the technique of the month with a stamp from one of the sale categories, you get a 5.00 store credit towards your next purchase of amazing red rubber goodness!

Here are the sale categories for July:


Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!
~Shanna
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I love your swirly type of stamp images.. I am getting the falling leaves and falling tree series.

    ReplyDelete

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!