April 14, 2021

Craft is what I do all day card with a rainbow background

Hello and welcome!! This is Shanna from Caffeinated Craftiness today sharing a clean and simple watercolor card!  Crackerbox and Suzy Stamps have sooooo many fabulous sentiments and this particular one speaks to my soul!

The card is pretty simple to make and can be done in ANY color palette, but alas I stuck with my rainbow!!  I absolutely love watercoloring in a rainbow, it makes my heart happy!

The sentiment I used is Craft is What I do.  I think as crafters we hear a lot of "all you did was craft?" Well, my crafting is my therapy and I like to think I make art at the end of it all!

To make this card, you need a 5x7 piece of watercolor paper,  I like to over-cut a smidge so I have room to tape it down to my clipboard.  I use painter's tape to tape all 4 sides of the panel down to my hardboard clipboard (the ugly brown clipboards that have been around forever!! They make perfect CHEAP watercolor surfaces!) Next, you need watercolors and a paintbrush.  For this card, I used a #4 round paintbrush and a watercolor palette by Jane Davenport in brights.  Any watercolor palette will do, I have even used my kid's crayon---watercolors layer, so if you don't achieve the depth you are looking for in the pigment the first time----let it dry completely and add another layer!!

I heat embossed the Craft is What I do the sentiment in white embossing powder and then started painting!  Working in rainbow order, I added color, then clean water to mix two shades together and "swirl" them a bit.  

I didn't want to distract from the paint--so no embellishments!!  Woah!!  That might be a first for me in a looooonnnnnng while!  LOL. 

You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  
 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, bye!
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!