May 11, 2022

A Friendly Cup of Fairy Tea with Shanna

 Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna here today with another card in my Fairy-Inspirational series featuring stamps from Crackerbox Stamps.

Today's card features one of my FAVORITE fairy stamps that Crackerbox Stamps has in their collection. The Fairy Teacup features a solid silhouette of 2 fairies sharing a cup of tea---so cute!  I chose to pair them with the Don't Love You sentiment for a fun *anytime* card for a friend.

I started my card by heat embossing both my focal image and my sentiment in black embossing powder. Then I ink blended using my Distress Oxide inks with the colors Villainous Potion, Seedless Preserves, and Picked Raspberry. Purple is my favorite color so I tend to gravitate toward it a lot! The heat embossing creates a resist, so after I was done inking my panel, I was able to buff off the excess ink on the embossed images with a dry paper towel. To help bring the focus a little more central on my card, I die cut a narrow frame using 2 nesting rectangle dies in my stash and then I covered the frame in the same embossing powder I used with the stamped images to tie it all together. All in all, it was a pretty quick and easy card!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!