January 3, 2023

Some friends are FLAKES!

Happy New Year, Crackerbox fans!!  This is Shanna today from Caffeinated Craftiness.  I have a wintery punny card to share with you today that is pretty quick and easy to create...let's get started!!

I love a good pun--and the Crackerbox Stamps store is chock-full of them!  This Friends are Flakes stamp makes me giggle whenever I reach for it!  I paired it with the delicate Snowflakes - Set of three stamps for a quick and easy card.

This card features a stamping technique called "second-generation stamping." As complicated as that is to say--the technique is one of the easiest to do!  All you do is ink your stamp up and then stamp again without reinking---allowing a softer "second generation" image to be stamped!  Easy peasy!  I also did partial inking, where I put the stamp in my stamp positioner (Misti), dabbed ink over part of it, stamped it--then added a second color of ink, followed by a third color, all without moving the stamp or the paper.  This allowed me to have multi-colored snowflakes stretching from corner to corner as I repeated both techniques until I had covered the area I wanted to be stamped. 


My sentiment was stamped in one of the same blue inks I used on the snowflakes to coordinate, then I matted it with some blue glitter paper and swirled some metallic thread behind it for interest and a bit of sparkle.  That finished off the card!

It is currently snowing at my house as I write up this post--that means it is PERFECT crafting weather!  What do you like to create this time of year?? Let me know below!

If you are interested in a full detailed supply list, head to my blog for more details.  Otherwise, check out the Crackerbox Stamps Facebook group for loads more inspiration!  See you there!

~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!