March 14, 2024

Just say Cluck It! | Fun-Fold All Occasion Card

Hello and welcome! This is Shanna today, and I have a brand new card to share featuring one of the BRAND NEW polymer stamp sets from Crackerbox Stamps!  

This card features the Prissy stamp set, which was released earlier this month. That chicken is absolutely hilarious to look at. I also appreciate that the image works well in designs, both colored and uncolored—it definitely adds to the versatility!

Today's card is a gate-fold card. That means the front opens with two folded panels opening from the center rather than a traditional side fold. Gate-fold cards are a lot of fun to play around with when designing. I usually place something called a "belly band" around them to help hold them closed, but then I ran across a tutorial for a "slide lock" and knew I needed to make one!

My card features one of the sentiments from the new Prissy stamp set on the front--the scallop framed circle is actually the slide lock!  I stamped the fun chicken image and some feathers on a white circle--then stamps the sentiment right over them in a darker ink color.  I grabbed a blending brush to tone out the white with a light brown as well and then added the circle to the larger scalloped circle!  

The "slide lock" is actually 3 squares cut identical in size-- in this case 2.25".  you fold two of the squares in half--and then nestle them up to each other with the folded edges in--gluing half down to the third square.  The picture probably explains this a lot better! LOL. Then the slide lock is able to slide over the gate fold panels and "lock" them in place!  I will definitely be using this technique again in the future!  It can be modified to any symmetrical shape.

The inside of my card has another sentiment from the Prissy stamp set and the chicken is stamped again as well.  I used my distress oxide inks to mimic a "leather" look for the inner panel and love how it turned out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed my project.  Be sure to head over to the Crackerbox Stamps shop to see all the new polymer sets--and of course check out the sale category while you are there! See you all again soon! ~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!