May 14, 2024

Break The Rules -- Unexpected Use of Scraps Card

 Hello!  This is Shanna with another fun card featuring products from Crackerbox Stamps!
Ever have a vision for a card, and halfway through, something changes your direction?  That was this card for me!  

Today's card features the following stamps:

I started out by stamping and coloring the Rosie stamp and die cutting her out with a circle die.  My original vision for the card was a "angled gatefold" card--which is a card that has angled edges on both gatefold closure panels.  I was excited!  Then the math didn't. math right for me lol--and I was left with the blue panel you see on the background of the card..  Oddly shaped, and I had no clue what to do with it!  Then I decided to see what it looked like placed on a standard A2 card panel--and this design was born.

I used the anchor stamp and white pigment ink to add a background pattern to the blue cardstock piece, and then stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner using red ink.  I popped on a few red pearl embellishments to finish it off and we were done!


I rarely throw much away--thinking I will use it *eventually* --  I was super excited to see that work out for the better today!

Thanks so much for dropping by, see you again soon! 
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!