August 14, 2024

Trick or Treat! A head start on Halloween card

 Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna today with a fun HALLOWEEN card featuring stamps from Crackerbox Stamps!  Is anyone else ready for Fall to hurry up and get here?  This California girl is ready to be d-o-n-e with the heat!  Halloween crafting is one of my favorites, so I pulled out my favorite Halloween kid stamps and had some masking fun for today's card!


I started off with my card by stamping my trick-or-treating gang using the masking technique.  To somewhat explain, you start my stamping the image you want to be "in front" of the others, and then cover it with a mask--a fussy cut removable adhesive copy--and then stamp the next images and repeat!  I have had this card in my head for a long time and was excited to see it come to life on paper!

While my masks were still applied over the images, I ink-blended my ground and sky by using masking tape to create a line to blend below and then moving it so I could blend above.  A cheap way to keep a crisp horizon line with ink blending!

After my ink blending, I removed the masks and then got to coloring with my Copics!  I love coloring, so this was right up my alley!

The card was finished by stamping the Happy Halloween sentiment onto my ground layer.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I will see you all again soon with another Crackerbox Stamps, inspired project!  ~Shanna


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!