December 1, 2020

It's finally December! Simple Christmas Cards by Shanna Slater

 Hello and Happy December!!  Let the countdown to Christmas begin!!!  Or were you already counting down?? I am still making Christmas cards to mail to friends, especially this year as I haven't seen people the same amount as I would usually in the midst of this pandemic.  So happy mail it is!!

 I love making Christmas cards and Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps has a bunch of awesome Christmas stamps to play with.  You can see the entire Christmas category HERE. 


This Trio of cards was a lot of fun to make...and *GASP* Requires NO COLORING!!

I love the new Santa Crackerbox & Suzy Stamps released a little while back, he is was perfect for my making technique paired with some favorite stencils from my stash!


I used the newer Side Santa (large) and the Sign and Words stamps to create 3 quick and EASY cards!

First, you want to assemble however many card panels you want to sit and create--because this card is PERFECT for mass production.  I made three but could have easily made 20 in not much more time.



  
Next set up your stamp on your MISTI or stamp positioner of choice.  For this card, we need to stamp the sign first, then mask so it looks like Santa is holding it.  I stamped the sign on all three card panels before removing the stamp from the positioner. I cut a mask out of a post-it note.  Then I added Santa to the card panels--making sure I moved the mask for the sign to each panel as I went.  I made a mask next for the Santa so I could cover both for the stenciling.  





Picking the stencils might have been my favorite part.  I went through my stash and pulled out 3 that probably don't get a lot of love from me much--but they worked perfectly for this technique!!  I kept it simple and used 1 ink color, Distress ink in Crackling Campfire.  But you could easily use more!  You can choose one stencil and make the cards all the same--or mix it up like I did!  The options are limitless :)



You can find more inspiration, and share your own fabulous projects in the Crackerbox and Suzy Flaunt it if You Made it Facebook group!  
 
That wraps up my post for today, I will be back here soon with another dose of red rubber inspiration!  Be sure to follow along with me over on Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all my caffeinated adventures!  Till next time, bye!
~Shanna

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!