April 24, 2024

Sheetload of Father's Day Cards | 12 Sketches, 24 Cards Series

Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna today with the next installment in my 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series!  This is a series in which I select a card sketch off the internet and create TWO (well-at least two!) versions of it using Crackerbox Stamps! If this is your first time reading about this--be sure to read all the way to the end for a recap of the series so far!  

*Warning* I might have gotten a bit carried away this month, and the following post is very photo-heavy!!

This month's sketch was sourced from a YouTube creator named CraftyAl.  She creates a monthly sketch that utilizes 12x12 paper to mass produce a set of cards!  I chose to use the April 2024 sketch to play along with my challenge this month! I was inspired to use the sketch and pair it with the brand new Father clear polymer stamp set--using the majority of the seed to create a fun set of cards!

The way the sketch is designed makes it create 8 cards--which was a perfect way to showcase a new sentiment stamp set!  I loved going through my collection and pulling out stamps to match the sentiments!  I grabbed stamps I haven't used in a while and was so happy to pull back out again.  I kept the techniques simple with these--a little heat embossing and some tone on tone stamping.  

Here are some of my tips when mass producing cards:

  • Pick a color way--that means if you are using pattern paper, stick within those colors and have a stack nearby of inks and solid papers to choose from when designing the card.
  • Don't be afraid to turn the card!  Some of these sentiments or images just did not work for a portrait designed layout--so I turned it into a landscape layout instead!
  • White pigment ink is your friend!  White is neutral, and will pull into nearly ANY design--I was stuck on a card or two until I pulled my trusty white ink pad out to play!
Ok--that pretty much sums up the key points--time to show you the cards!

Super Guy with Father sentiment

Frame Rectangle with Father sentiment

When I Dunk (masked) , Alien Funny Face with Father  sentiment

Outhouse with Father  sentiment

Stars/Pixie Dust with Father sentiment

Pocket with Father sentiment

Snapdragon  with Father sentiment

Fireworks with Father sentiment

Aren't those fun!!!  I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did!!  
Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are enjoying the series so far!
You can find the monthly post linked below with the picture if you missed my previous posts.
See you all again soon! ~Shanna


Take a look at previous posts in this series here:





Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!