June 24, 2024

UnFROGettable June 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series

 Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna here today and I am excited to show you all the next installment in my 2024 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series with Crackerbox Stamps!  

Today's cards both feature the new photopolymer Frogs Set 1 stamp set and the following sketch that I found on Pinterest.
This month I decided to show you how I can use a sketch concept in it's literal sense---and how I might turn a sketch into a fun fold card too!
Here is my first card, which is a conventional A2 top folding note card that I modeled after the sketch using some pattern paper in my stash and Frog Set 1.
I kept this design pretty simple and chose not to color at all--rather I heat embossed my frog and my sentiment onto the green pattern paper with some black embossing powder.  I love the texture you get with heat embossing!
For my second card--I transformed the sketch into a fin fold by making a gate gold card instead of a folded notecard like card 1 was.  I split the cardstock between the top and bottom sections, and then added the top but only adhered it to the top "flap".  It created a vertical gatefold card that is SO FUN!  

I was even able to hide my sentiment under the frog layer!
Thanks so much for dropping by today--be sure to check out the links below to take a look back at the rest of the sketch series so far this year! 
Take a look at previous posts in this series here:




Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!