July 20, 2024

Birthday Paper Busters! July 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series: PART ONE

  Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna here today and I am excited to show you all the next installment in my 2024 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series with Crackerbox Stamps!  This month's installment is split into 2 parts for a total of FOUR cards!  Be sure to check back on July 24th for more inspiration!

Today's cards both feature the best of both (stamping) worlds!!  I used the Birthday 2 photopolymer stamp set and then also used Happy Birthday Vertical rubber stamp as well!  I love mixing and matching the clear stamps and red rubber stamps on my projects!

For this month's sketch I visited Jess Crafts blog and used one of her MANY sketches--in this case one of her 12x12 paper buster sketches.  I tend to hoard 12x12 paper--espeically pretty paper I think is too pretty to cut up!  This sketch let me use one of those pieces to make FOUR cards in total with zero waste.  I was thrilled to be able to show off th beautiful floral paper as well as the stamps too!

The sketch itself is pretty straight forward, and the measurements are included for cutting.  I shifted the middle layer towards to left of my cards rather than the center as a preference, but all in all I love how these turned out!!

For the first card I combined the cake and Happy birthday sentiment from the Birthday 2 clear stamp set and stamped them in a teal ink to match the paper.  I also added some stickies to the cake's frosting for some sparkle!


For my second card I added the Happy Birthday Vertical red rubber stamp centered down across the middle panel.  I chose to mat it in the same way the other layers were matted to tie it all together and ground it a little in the design.  


Thanks so much for dropping by today--be sure to check out the links below to take a look back at the rest of the sketch series so far this year! 
Take a look at previous posts in this series here:



Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!