July 24, 2024

Birthday Paper Busters! July 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series: PART TWO

   Hello and welcome!  This is Shanna here today, and I am excited to show you all the next installments in my 2024 12 Sketches | 24 Cards series with Crackerbox Stamps!  This month's installment is split into 2 parts for a total of FOUR cards!  Be sure to check out the post from July 20, 2024, for the initial dose of inspiration in PART ONE!


Today's cards both feature the best of both red rubber stamps and the new photopolymer stamp sets Crackerbox Stamps debuted this year!!  I used the Birthday 2 photopolymer stamp set and then also used the Beautiful, Amazing, Friend rubber stamp as well!  I love mixing and matching the clear stamps and red rubber stamps on my projects!

For this month's sketch I visited Jess Crafts blog and used one of her MANY sketches--in this case one of her 12x12 paper buster sketches.  The first two cards last week stuck pretty close to the sketch--today I am going to show you how I checnaged them a little more but still stuck to the idea of the sketch!


For my first card I used the Beautiful, Amazing, Friend  stamp and chose to stray away from my monochromatic type of tone the other three cards had with the teal ink and give art a pop of color!  I stamped the sentiment using a bright pink ink that pulled from the triangle pattern paper a little and contrasted nicely with all of the teals.  I trimmed it down not by measurements, but rather to the shape of the sentiment!  NO MATH!  I also chose not to mat this layer, and opted to drag ink across the edges to help frame it a little.  That's a quick way to help a layer not get lost on a background, and I use it frequently!

For the second card I used one of the snarky birthday sentiments from the Birthday 2 clear stamp set that totally holds its own on a card!  LOL!  I stamped it in a teal ink to match the paper's well.  I turned the sketch on to it's side for this card, and the sentiment layered right on top go the smaller top layer of the sketch!  I used the ink pad on the edges of the sentiment again to help frame it a little as well. 



Thanks so much for dropping by today--be sure to check out the links below to take a look back at the rest of the sketch series so far this year! 
Take a look at previous posts in this series here:



Share this PostPin ThisEmail This

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Woo hoo! Comment time! I totally do a little happy dance every time a new one pops up!